Translate

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Delci's letter to her brother Jansen, just before he leaves on his mission...


Delci's brother Jansen will enter the
Provo MTC on Wednesday 7/31.
He will be serving in
Melbourne Australia.
Jansen, 
I love you. Mom loves you. Dad loves you. Gabby, AJ, Emma, Sam, Luke, and Wyatt love you too.But most importantly your Heavenly Father and older brother, Jesus Christ love you. They are aware of how hard this mission is going to be. They also know that YOU CAN DO HARD THINGS. 
Heavenly Father will put people in your path that only you, Elder Jansen Brown, can help. But, it's not going to happen right away. You need to be willing to put forth the effort and find these people. Heavenly Father is also going to put people in your path to give you a taste of home, some comfort that you will so desperately need. 
Kneel down every night and pour your heart out to your Heavenly Father. He is listening and wants to give you the things that you need. Thank him for the tender mercies and mini miracles that you will witness everyday. 
Jansen, I love this gospel. I know how happy it can make people. I am thankful that we have the opportunity to be serving at the same time. It is really hard and I want to quit every single day but how can I quit when Jesus didn't quit? Jesus didn't quit. Jesus saved me. Jansen, Jesus saved YOU. He didn't quit, so you can't quit. No matter how hard it may be for you, it was harder for him. 
I tell you these things not because I think you will quit but because no one told me that I would want to. You need to know that someone feels the same way you do. You need to know that it will be hard but YOU CAN DO HARD THINGS. We both can. 
Jansen, this is truly Jesus Christ's church. The same church that he established 2000 years ago. Joseph Smith truly did see God the Father and Jesus. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. Jesus did die for us. He knows what we are going through, happy or sad. I love my Savior so much. I know these things are true 100%, no doubt in my mind. 
I love you so much and I am so proud to call you my brother.
You will do great things. 
When we are doing the lord's work, we are entitled to the Lord's help. 
Smile often. Be happy. Make every moment count. 
Be exactly obedient. 
I love you. - Your sister, your best friend, your missionary. Sister Delci Brown

Delci and Jansen on the day she entered the MTC.
"Everyone of us has times when we to know things will get better... my declaration is that this is precisely what the Gospel of Jesus Christ offers us, especially in times of need. There is help. There is happiness... Don't you quit! You keep trying. It will be alright in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come... Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some blessings don't come until Heaven; but for those who embrace the Gospel of Jesus Christ, They come." - Jeffery R. Holland 

No comments:

Post a Comment