Translate

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Staying in the Ward...Holler. Love It...dated 1/6/14

So Sister Decker, Sister Mickelson and I received transfer calls last night... we are getting split up. You didn't see that one coming, did ya? Didn't think so. This is how it is working out... Sister Decker is going up to the Pickering ward with Sister Folsom, Sister Mickelson will be covering the west half of the Cerritos stake with Sister Black and Sister Merkley and myself will be covering the east half of the Cerritos stake and the Assistants will cover from Carson down.... It's planned so that each companionship is over an Institute. That means I am over the Cerritos Institute which means Sister Merkley and I have a lot to do in order to get that institute to a place where non-members will feel comfortable. Oh yeah! With the change I am now Sr. companion...  weird, but exiting. I guess we'll all "...find out what we can do"
Staying in the ward... Holler. Love it.

We have three investigators right now. Walter, Erika, and Chord. They are all really awesome. Walter was a referral from the Norwalk elders (they attract YSA's like cray, we all of a sudden have a massive teaching pool) he used to be in a gang... (I'm not sure how he got out of the gang, I heard you don't get out unless you're dead so that's scary) but now he is looking for good friends. We taught him the restoration and the spirit was definitely there. He said he believed it so... pray for him :)
Erika has been letting us meet with her but just for informational purposes. We taught her the other night on the plan of salvation and she totes knows it's true... she is just scared. We have another lesson with her tonight and we are going to teach her the third lesson and we are going to have Perla come. Bishop suggested it and we all thought... why not? Perla will be good for Erika I think...
Cord, was a member referral from the ward Elder Schoof is serving in? he lives in Norwalk. We made contact with him last night and we are going over to drop a Book of Mormon off. He works 13 hours a day so it's going to be hard to meet with him during the week but we'll text him passages to read everyday for daily contact and then make sure a member is at every lesson and I think he'll be progressing... he sounds super solid.
All in all I am excited for this transfer... I am excited to find out what I can do. I'm ready for that!
Sister Luft and Sister Fulgham came back for the weekend. It was really good to see them! Sister Fulgham went around hugging everyone and that was weird so....
Ivan got confirmed :) He is officially a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! I love him. He is just so precious!
I love everything and everyone... most of the time.
Peace and blessings. The Church is soooooo true it's insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment